Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SNOW ON MOUNT WELLINGTON

I woke this morning in our cosy bed in Richmond and said to Phil,
"How do you think Andrew is going on the Overland Walk?" He has the best equipment, a nicely balanced small back pack and I am sure that Sheila's fruit cake is completely consumed. At first he would have felt the weight as a burden but now I am sure he is wishing there was some more left. No shops to top up supplies! We were lucky that even Mount Ossa was out of the clouds but there is snow on Mt Wellington today so I can imagine there is mist on the overland walk. Will he manage to see Mount Abrupt? Hope he keeps to the track on the interminal board walk. Even so I can remember one of our group thigh deep in mud.

The fire at Wavestation will be very welcoming after the walk. I bet he won't want to leave. Will he make all those adventurous trips to Bruny Island and to Cockle Creek?
http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/tas

No comments:

Post a Comment